What is Photocatalytic Oxidation?
Photocatalytic oxidation is a natural process which destroys micro-organisms such as bacteria, viruses and waterborne parasites – a natural phenomenon that occurs within the Quantum reaction chamber. This form of water treatment is used on residential and commercial swimming pools, community and hydrotherapy pools as well as in hospitals and for the purification of drinking water.
The power requirement is minimal but does depend on the size of the pool and flow rate. For example, swimming pools up to 65m3 require only a 55 Watt unit to disinfect the pool.
The product is fully wired, ready for installation as a ‘PLUG AND PLAY’ unit. Designed for installation on both new or existing swimming pools.
How the process works
- The inside of the tube is coated with nano crystal which forms the catalyst.
- When UV light strikes this surface in the presence of water, the process of photocatalytic oxidation occurs.
- Photocatalytic oxidation is a natural process that oxidises water and creates Hydroxyl radicals which sanitise the water.
- t is possible to inject chemicals into the pool water via the peristaltic injection pump for residual water treatment. A lamp life indicator displays to inform you of when the lamp requires replacing (14,000 hours).
Advantages and benefits of the photocatalytic oxidation process
Sterilising swimming pool water with photocatalytic oxidation has 5 main benefits:
- Environmentally friendly and instantaneous water treatment.
- Destroys micro-organisms such as virus, bacteria and parasites together with neutralising oils, sun cream and urea.
- Stand-alone system or in conjunction with dosing systems.
- No influence on PH level or other water parameters.
- 100% compatible with saltwater chlorinators or seawater.
Find out more about our revolutionary water disinfector, Quantum, here.