This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data.
The bases on which we process information about you
- The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
- If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
- If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Your rights as a data subject
- At any point whilst we are in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Elecro Engineering Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
- We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
- Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
- Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us, you have the right to complain to the Managing Director.
- When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
- We use that information to resolve your complaint.
- We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
- To meet Elecro Engineering Ltd contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
If you interact with any social media buttons on our website, a cookie will be used to remember your actions.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This website assumes implied consent for cookies and meets the ICO's guidelines on the EU e-Privacy Directive.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet Service Provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the web pages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
to provide you with the services you have requested;
to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
to support a claim or defence in court.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Data Controller of this website is: Elecro Engineering Ltd, a UK Private Limited Company with Company number: 03520981
Our registered office is: Unit 11, Gunnels Wood Park, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2BH
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted on telephone number: 01438 749474 or email: email@example.com
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an indentifiable manner has been stolen.